The Cool Kids Book Club

A community of co-workers, friends, and family.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainClegg

PostSubject: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett   Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 am

So this book is always the first one I recommend to anyone who asks. I would love to tell you I discovered this book myself but I can't. My wife's co-worker recommended this book to her and she read it first. When she finished she insisted that I read it as well. I did and it was amazing. I loved it so much I sought out a first edition to have in my collection. Long story short we now own 3 different editions of this book.

A brief description:

THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH tells the story of Philip, prior of Kingsbridge, a devout and resourceful monk driven to build the greatest Gothic cathedral the world has ever known...of Tom, the mason who becomes his architect-a man divided in his soul...of the beautiful, elusive Lady Aliena, haunted by a secret shame...and of a struggle between good and evil that will turn church against state and brother against brother. A spellbinding epic tale of ambition, anarchy, and absolute power set against the sprawling medieval canvas of twelfth-century England, this is Ken Follett's historical masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1